TOPCON CORPORATION ("Topcon") will continue to seek to respect and protect each customer's personal data. Topcon will implement following Personal Data Protection Policy in its business activities.
1. Basic Policy
- Topcon strictly observes the Personal Data and other relevant laws and regulations.
- When Topcon obtains personal data from customers, in case without any individual explanation, Topcon uses personal data with the aim of providing the information of the products and services of Topcon or of its affiliated company, etc for the customer and also of showing new or useful information.
Topcon may provide and confide data to third parties with a view to analyzing or processing, feeding back, etc for our customer. The information will be handled appropriately in all these processes in accordance with the business activities and scale of Topcon.
- Topcon takes rational safety measures against the risk of personal data in cases like unauthorized access and disclosure to personal data or the loss, destruction, alternation, etc.
- Topcon has established management system relating to personal data protection and strives to continuously improve.
Established: April 1, 2001
President & CEO Satoshi Hirano
About Personal Data Protection of TOPCON CORPORATION Website
The customer who uses Topcon website will be able to use the most of the services in the website without giving any personal data (Please note that in some services Topcon ask the customer to provide personal data). TOPCON CORPORATION ("Topcon") carefully respect and protect the personal data of the customer who uses Topcon website ("our website")
We declaim any responsibility for the collecting, managing and the security of customere's personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked to our website. As to the personal data protection of third parties' website, please refer or confirm the content by yourself.
2. When we ask our customers about personal data
We will ask our customers about personal data in the following cases
- When the customer joins a seminar or an exhibition.
- When asking catalogue of our products and services.
- When inquiring for our products and services.
- When asking information or registers with our employment.
- When the customer gives his/her cooperation in customer survey.
Here 'personal data' refers to the information with which one will be able to identify individual customer such as name, address, telephone number, E-mail address, etc.
3. Intended Use of Personal Data
When Topcon obtains personal data from customers, Topcon clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data are intended to be used and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, Topcon notifies the customer to that effect and obtain the consent before using the information for such purpose. For more details, please refer to Intended Use of Personal Data.
4. Disclosure and Provision of personal data to third parties
(1) Topcon does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties without consent of the customer. However, we may provide affiliated company, distributor or third parties of customer's personal data in the following situation such as;
- When it is necessary to provide our customer of the information and material for our products and services.
- When a customer needs information of our products and services and that we admit the necessity with the aim to realize the customer's requirement.
- When complying with laws and regulations or protecting the public benefit.
- When we disclose in the situation we can not identify an individual customer.
- When protecting the benefit of our own or of third party.
(2) When it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded by a Topcon affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such case, the customer may request Topcon to stop disclosing such information to such affiliate or distributor.
5. Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
Topcon complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by Topcon: 1) Request for disclosure; 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose; 3) Request for correction; 4) Request for addition; 5) Request for deletion; and 6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties. Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure for request forms (in writing) and other details.
6. Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
About our personal data protection, please inquiry to Personal Data Protection All Customer Information Center.
7. Other Matters
- This Personal Data Protection Policy applies to personal data held by TOPCON CORPORATION in Japan. The policy does not apply to Topcon's affiliates in Japan or to overseas subsidiaries.
- Please note that some services provided by Topcon (including services offered on websites operated by Topcon) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- Children under 16 years should provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- From time to time Topcon may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customer's personal data or to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.