This document describes the procedures by which Topcon, acting in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, complies with the following requests for response in writing from customers or their agents concerning the customer's personal data: (1) Request for disclosure; (2) Request for notification of the intended use of the personal data; (3) Request for correction; (4) Request for addition; (5) Request for deletion; and (6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties. ((1) to (6) are hereinafter collectively referred to as "Requests for Disclosure.").
1. Postal Address for Requests for Disclosure
Please post Requests for Disclosure to the address shown below after attaching the necessary documents to the prescribed request form. When posting the request form to Topcon, please use delivery-certified mail, simplified registered mail, or another method enabling confirmation of delivery. Please write on the envelope, "Personal Data Request enclosed."
Personal Data Protection All Customer Information Center
75-1, Hasunuma-cho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-8580
2. Documents to be submitted concerning Requests for Disclosure
When making requests for disclosure, click the link below to download the request form (1), complete all prescribed fields, enclose the identity confirmation document (2), and post the documents to the postal address indicated in 1. above.
(1) Topcon's prescribed request form
- For requests for disclosure of personal data or notification of intended use
Request Form for Personal Data Disclosure[64KB]
- For requests for correction, deletion, addition
Request Form for Personal Data Correction[64KB]
- For requests for or cessation of use, deletion or cessation of disclosing to third parties
Request Form for Personal Data Cessation of use[68KB]
(2) Identity confirmation document
- driver's license
- health insurance card
- one of the following document (pension booklet, resident registry card with photograph, alien registration card)
*From 1 to 3, a copy is available
(3) Requests for Disclosure through Agent
When your agent is making a Request for Disclosure on your behalf, include the following documents in addition to (1) and (2) in 2. above.
- Agent identity confirmation document
- driver's license
- health insurance card
- pension booklet
- resident registry card with photograph
- alien registration card
*From 1 to 5, a copy is available
*A proven record when the agent is legal representativ
- Fee for Requests for Disclosure or Notification of Intended Use
Topcon does not charge a fee for requests for disclosure or notification of intended use, yet the person making the request bears the cost of postage to Topcon.
- Method of Responding to Requests for Disclosure
Topcon will respond in writing to the address written on the request form you submitted.
- Use of Personal Data Obtained in Connection with Requests for Disclosure
Topcon will handle personal data obtained in connection with Requests for Disclosure only for the purpose of complying with Requests for Disclosure. Topcon will not return submitted documents. After a request for personal data has been answered, Topcon will maintains and dispose of the documents in an appropriate manner.Reasons for Not Disclosing Personal Datas
In the cases below, Topcon will not be able to comply with Requests for Disclosure of personal information. In cases where Topcon decides not to respond to inquiries as requested, Topcon will notify the person making the request to that effect and give the reason.
- When the principal's identity cannot be confirmed, such as when the address on the completed request form, the address on the completed documents for confirming the identity of the person to whom the personal data refers, and the address registered at Topcon do not match
- When it cannot be confirmed that the agent has duly authorized by power of attorney
- When there is a deficiency in the prescribed documents for submission
- When Topcon cannot identify the personal data on the basis of the information contained in the request
- When the information subject to the request does not come within the scope of "retained personal data" as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Personal Data Protection Law
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, or property of the person to whom the personal data refers or to a third party
- When there is a risk of considerable obstruction to the appropriate operation of Topcon's business
- When disclosure would constitute a violation of another law or regulation
Topcon may from time to time revise these procedures to better protect personal data or to comply with changes in applicable laws or regulations. Be sure to confirm the current procedures when making requests for disclosure of personal data and others.